Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Brother & Sister Grannes


A couple of years ago I had a personal encounter with Sister Grannes. I remember that some one had to drive the car from Building 3 to the Feast Hall cause it was so hot and it wasn't good for Sis. Grannes to walk in the heat. So they asked me to sit with her until they came back. So I pulled up a chair to sit beside her as she had faced her chair to watch the action outside in the pool area. She reached over and put her hand on mine and said, "You are such a sweet child. Thank you for sitting with me. God Bless You." She rubbed her hand on my cheek and looked back out the window. Then she pointed outside and said,"Look at the children playing. They are having so much fun, those precious children. And the mothers' watching them. Oh look at the one and his mother going to get him. Haa haa." I will never forget that. In her old age she had only thankfulness and kindness in her and I understood that it was because of the life she lived. I have been with many old people who only have what comes naturally, in their brain, left. This has to be the sweetest lady ever. I have a deep longing in my heart that I can run the race as if one will win the prize so that if I get old I can not be a bother to others but a blessing to be around and that the only thing left in my heart is Thankfulness

No comments: