I am on today because I felt an inspiration to blog. I have some pictures I wanted to share with you and I wanted to express how I felt about SPRING finally arriving. That's right...Here is the 5 day forecast.
You can see it gets bit colder at the end of the week but I am going to cherish these next few days. Last Saturday I had two little friends over for a sleep over and a Doctor Who marathon. In the morning I come out of my room and they looked all snugglie in their couches just sound asleep so I set myself to work at making waffles. It's the first time I have used it and I did lend it out to someone once and I think it may have been used a lot during that time because the clasp on it popped right off. I was learning how much batter to put in the machine without it flowing over. Need less to say, it made a mess and it took me a couple tries to get it right. Here are some.
Since my laptop was broken (from me dropping it a couple of days ago) so we used my room mates computer but she had about an hour of work to do we three decided to take a walk around the neighborhood while we waited. We passed this lovely tree. I think it's a dogwood tree. They grow in many places here in Salem. There is a park that has the largest dogwood in it here. It's in Mission Mill Park. It is tall but not overly tall.
It reminded me of when I was younger. A couple times we would drive to Washington D.C. and be there for the Cherry Blossom Tree Festival. A long time ago Japan gave America 300 cherry blossom trees and they were all planted in Washington D.C. I think eventually it got so crowded we just didn't go anymore. Here's a postcard I found online. But you can Google these if you want to see more pictures. It is so pretty. Maybe one day I will go again.
We then went to a park where the girls climbed all over and had some fun. There was no one in the park which surprised me because it was about 11:30am on a Saturday. I hope not all the children were just inside playing video games. I love these girls...They keep my life happy.
We came back just in time and started watching our movies. Then in the evening we set out to Macleay to watch the Brunstad Feast. It was awesome!!! I loved the beginning video. It reminded me that God is always there for me and wants me to win my prize in Heaven with him. It literally brought tears to my eyes and made my heart burn with love for Him and for my calling. "Run as if only one wins the Prize". That is what I long to have in my heart and mind.
Right when Stadven started talking I had to leave because homework was calling me so I had to miss the rest of the feast. I have an online class and my assignments are due Sunday nights and I hadn't really started on it yet. But home I went and I made great progress. Then some girls wanted to meet at Applebee's for a snack and I couldn't resist. So off I went to hang out with 8 other, very fun, girls.
Yesterday I went to my Neices and Nephews house to do a school project I had to do with two of the children. I took this picture of trampoline hair. LOL
And this morning I sit drinking my Chai Tea Latte. With the sun shining through the windows of the blinds I have open. I love our light colored walls because they reflect the light. I do wish that the sun rose in our living room but it sets. It really warms up the room in the evening and is not a problem in the warm summers because our house stays fairly cool with the air conditioning and it's innate ability to retain the cold within our walls.
I was looking at my cup and it brought back a lot of memories from when I was sixteen. I went to Victory to serve food for some brothers who were visiting Delaware from different countries but were building the back dorm. We took a trip to Niagra and I got this cup. If you ever get a chance to go there you should make sure to see it from the Canadian side. It is much nicer from that side.
Well, I guess I will end it here. I wanted to skype with my mom and it's that time. Then I have to get some homework done before class at 3:30.

No comments:
Post a Comment