Saturday, September 07, 2013

My Summer 2013

My summer was spent in Delaware.  As many of you know, I grew up there.  My family still lives there and I needed a summer with Amish, country, heat, friends in my heart, and familiar atmosphere. 

The sky in Delaware is very beautiful.

It actually rained many times in the first month or two that I was there.  But some nights were great and we spent them outside in the yard when it was cool enough.

I would get up at 7am almost every morning and some mornings were filled with snuggles.  The children are so affectionate and they loves hugs.

 Of course I can't forget to include the fifth child.  He is so cute.  I am totally smitten with him and his little smiles.


 There was a youth conference and I saw many friends there.
 Even friends from Salem that I hadn't seen in a while.



Two evenings a week I would take three children to karate practice.  These two worked very hard and were awarded two updated belts.




 Fourth of July was spent with the friends with games, a speech about going to war on a split second, laughter, good food, and a water balloon fight.  In the evening we headed to a small farm owned by one of the friends.  My brother in law brought out some fireworks he bought and gave us a show.
 Out came the sparklers for the children to enjoy.  My nephew decided to make some art.


We made it to the beach a few times as well.


After a nice summer the children started school again.  The youngest started kindergarten.  He was so excited and he still loves it.


My birthday rolled around and I spent it at the beach with a few friends.

Last night the fellowship headed to the pier to fish and hang out. 


 All in all this was a life changing summer and I will never forget the things that God has taught me and the road I must continue on.  I am headed home in three days via a train.  That will be a three day journey and I hope to blog while I am on the train with some cool pictures of my new experience.

No comments: