OK, So I have been neglecting my blogging but I am ready to get back in the swing of things.
I was searching my friends blogs and realize that they haven't been updating either. Maybe blogs are a thing of the past? But I like to blog and I want to get back to sharing what's in my heart for my own sake.
Valentine's Day is coming in 3 days. It is totally normal for people to think about the loves in their lives. Of course, when you are young you only think about Valentine's Day as being in love with your significant other. It's all about boyfriend and girlfriend and in school- will I have a secret admirer bring me a candy gram? Well that never happened to me and I'm not complaining about it now, even though I may have then.
Now, as a 31 year old(without a significant other) I reflect on what Valentine's Day can mean for me. Since it was invented for consumer purposes...I can turn it around and express my love for my friends and family. As well as how much Jesus loves me and what he does for me. I found this and wanted to share it.
I love this picture. The guy who made it had good things in mind. It is just like the verses in the Bible.
So, enough about Valentine's Day....You want to know what I have been up for a whole year or more? At the end of my last post, I mentioned how I moved back to Delaware. I have yet to post a picture on that adventure. But I am now living in a cozy TINY apartment with my brother. I have had several jobs and I settled on a full time job as an Administrative Assistant for a boss I have known since I was 5. I love the job and work. It is just what my battered soul needed. I also have a part time job as a nanny to two young boys who are crazy and rambunctios. I put them up from daycare throughout the week and feed, bath, and entertain then until mom or dad come home. I really enjoy working for them and the extra money coming in helps too.
Of course life always has struggles and trials. And I have my family around me when I am overwhelmed. I am so thankful for them. Sometimes I wonder why God gave each of us a family if we are to be free from them and the worldy things. Then I am reminded that God knows our human nature and that family can support us and keep us real. There is an unconditional love that comes from them and I can also find my own selfishness and do things for them because it is a responsibility as a family member. I have a very big family and yes, I do not have as much in common with them as I would like and so our relationship can be very distant. But they have a purpose in this life too. God gives each of us a chance to choose and I must not judge but love them the best I can while still being righteous and good.
Ok I better sign off for now. I could talk forever. But I will try update more later.

No comments:
Post a Comment