When I spent my first Thanksgiving in Oregon I decided to pick a family that had many girls like my own family. That is the Coopers. The only thing is that every year there is another one missing from the event. They always invite other friends so there are still a lot of people there. But this year we are going to be missing many people. Their only son is in Norway for Thanksgiving. And a few have married and moved to other countries.
I started a tradition there and hopefully we can do it for the third time this year. I take a picture of when we get the food and everyone tries to do the same pose. It turned out great last year and I look forward to seeing how it goes this year. I will share the picture with you after I take it.
Also every year I make my mom's famous Candied Yams. They like them because they aren't too sweet and I add walnuts...YUM!!!
If you ever think you might want to try it out, here's the recipe
I am in the last few days of babysitting children. Their parents come home on Monday. I am currently enjoying a nice cup of coffee and thinking about the homework I have to get done.
Last night I had a friend over to read out of Articles of Johan O. Smith. Article 400 had some wonderful words.
It is called "First Love 1928". I believe it's an excerpt. Anyway these words really made my hear burn - "Those who hear the voice of God rely on it completely and do ask what people think."
I recently was asking some people what they thought on a particular topic because I wanted feedback on how I should do something. I got the revelation as I was asking someone else. She didn't even have to say anything, it just came to me.
But these words were so powerful for me. I must always delve into what God is saying to me. If you get a chance to read that article, please do. It really put this topic into perspective for me.
Christmas is coming after Thanksgiving and I am already looking forward to decorating for it.
Well I better sign off. A great day to you.



No comments:
Post a Comment