Sunday, December 01, 2013

December Has Arrived

Yay!  Bring on the Christmas Cheer, hot chocolate, freezing nights, fireplaces, apple cider, gatherings with friends, snow, and anything else related to December.

I have to say that Christmas is my most favorite holiday of the year and Winter is my most favorite season.  Since I live in Oregon, I never see much snow.  I would really like to take a trip to the mountains this year.  I have never done that - drive to the mountain for snow.

Unfortunately this day is windy and the leaves are still falling on the ground...no snow.  They had predicted that we might see some, but I think we will see rain for the next few days as the Mountains see snow...wish I was more of a skier.

On another note, me and a friend decided it was time to get out of town.  I have final projects and finals this week and next so I thought it would be nice to get out of Salem.  So we headed East and found us a cozy(old-fashioned) little bed and breakfast.  The owner was really nice and friendly.  Since we arrived in the dark about 6 and left the next day at about 9:45am we didn't have much time to visit the two young horses in the field or swing on the front porch or the swing hanging from the tree.  Too bad, I guess I'll have to go back.  We did however, manage to take some pictures.  This one my friend took of me.  This is the back porch view from the inn.  These hills are called the Elkhorn Mountains.  The fog lies over a river.
Now I must find my camera so you can see what the inside looks like.  Where did I put that thing?
 
Oh! I found it in my purse...This is our room.  Just click on the pictures if you want to view them larger.
The right side of the room.
A King Sized Bed with a door that leads on a side porch.


The Awesome fireplace that we let burn while we were sleeping.
A working Phone
The rafters with a side window

This little victorian corner.

Right across the hall was our bathroom.
Our room was on the second floor with 3 other rooms.  There was this common room for us to use.  Since we were the only guests in the whole place, we got to use it all to ourselves.


One of my favorite decorations.
The next morning our host showed us the back porch...with a view like this I had to take pictures.
Check out the holly tree!!  It was huge.  I am standing on the upper level porch.
Then down on the lower level here is a landscape for you.


Last night Brunstad was showing their Music Feast Presentation and our Media team allowed us to stream it into our homes.  I had my friend and her parents over to enjoy it with me.
 It was too bad that my laptop was acting up and we had to take shifts of moving the mouse constantly or the video would freeze.
 Yummy food.

No comments: