Friday, December 06, 2013

Our First Snowfall of the Season

I have been fighting a cold these past few weeks and so I slept in a little this morning.  But I woke up to a wondrous sight!!
 and then I check the weather forecast...



 
It's Gonna Snow All DAY!!!
www.susanbranch.com
That meant school might close.  At 11:30 I noticed that it stopped snowing.  Big Bummer.  But! at 11:45am I got a text saying that school was closing at 2.  YAY! That means that I won't be going into work.

We live on a 2 way stop corner road.  I have already seen two cars slide on the snow.  People in Oregon do not know how to drive in it.  And that is the main reason I do not want to go out in the snow.  But now it's 12:19pm and the snow has begun to fall again.

  Even the mailman is still out and about.  I love those guys.

I skyped with my mom for 3 minutes until she hung up on me to call my brother.  Even though, I got to talk to my 2 year old nephew and 3 year old niece for a few minutes.  They still love me.

I just realized that we didn't really think about going food shopping...The house doesn't really have much food.  Maybe if I wait until late tonight and I can go get some.  It's only supposed to snow for today but I wouldn't mind being snowed in for the weekend.  If I had more money, I would get snow tires and get up to the mountains.  Maybe chains will do the same thing.

Here is one more snow picture before I leave you to do some more school work.


No comments: