How is everyone doing on this fine Saturday? Have you gotten anything done yet or are you just getting started. I woke up late today...I am a night owl even though I enjoy nice quiet mornings.
I have already emptied and loaded the dishwasher. Taken a load out of the dryer and hung up a load from the washer. Now I got myself a cup of tea and here we go on doing some paperwork. But first I wanted to post my little Christmas Village. I set this up before Christmas and took pictures but I forgot to post about it. So here it is. My mom taught me this technique.
First you need to have a string of lights. These can be green or white..no matter. Now it depends on how big of a surface you have. You might not need such a long string. I used a 100 count string and it seemed to work for my surface.
The first thing to do is zig zag the lights up and down your surface so they are evenly spaced. You don't really want the light poking up so try to lay them as flat as possible.
You can see that my lights pop up naturally, so I taped down the ones
that seem to not want to stay down...plus this helps to secure the
lights so they don't move around to a place you don't want them to.
Make sure there are lights all over and they are not all bunched into
one spot. This will leave dark spaces in your town.
After that you will want some white felt cloth. You can also use long pieces of cotton. I have some white felt in the middle and then I covered the corner with some small cotton fabric I had. The edges may stick up so you can use double sided tape or wrap your tape and secure the cloth to the surface you are setting it up on.You might have to get down on the ground in order to see if the felt is secure enough. Sometimes the light will peek through around the edges and you can only see them at eye level.
After that, you can add your village pieces. I always start with the houses first.
I have so many, but I love each of them and can never pick which ones to put on so I over-crowd my village.
After the houses you will want to add the trees, if you have any. I like to put the big ones in the back so as not to block anything. Then I place the small ones around the place. I usually try to put the trees close to the houses in order for it to look more natural.
Then you can add the people. I don't have many people so I try to group the like ones together. I also had this little fence so I stick that in the back of the village to add an aesthetic appeal.
And then you have your whole village. Enjoy!
Remember, you can click on these pictures to view them larger.

No comments:
Post a Comment